In 2020, our priorities include
- SSAF - we are working hard to gain greater transparency from university management as to how SSAF funds are spent. SSAF is the compulsory Student Services & Amenities Fee that all students pay (international students pay this within their fees) that funds student services from counselling services, to VUPAs annual budget. This was an issue postgrads asked us to pursue at our 2018 AGM and was an issue raised by postgraduate associations around the country at the CAPA ACM in December 2018.
- 24/7 access to library study spaces due to the extra time constraints and pressures resulting from the implementation of block mode.
- End of Year Postgrad Event - we are working on getting postgrads at Vic Uni an end of year ball. Most other universities have one and we have been asked over and over again to look at setting up a ball just for postgrads. We will keep you posted.
- Social & Networking Events - many research students tell us they find study isolating...we're listening and now looking to develop more events for 2020. Come along!
- Collaborations - VUPA will be collaborating with other Victorian universities in 2020 on the Fares Fair Campaign to get concession fares on public transport for postgrads (just like in other states in Australia); on some of the CAPA priorities such as exploring the financial difficulties of postgrad life; with VUSU on transparency in SSAF expenditure and other university wide campaigns and events; and with Respect & Responsibility on programs and events to combat Sexual Harassment and Sexual Assault.